Monday, August 21, 2006

The Lake House

When I first watched the trailer, I told myself, I must watch the movie. Not that I'm those romance movie goer, but I'd like to know how the story is going to end.

The Lake House, the leadings, Keanu and Sandra, the encounter... everything is just beautiful. So beautiful that I think it would never happened in a real life. And I think that's why it is so captivating. Or at least, I'm captivated.

Everyone live their life to look for the love of one's. It is just so amazing when you found the one and you can tell it. Not everyone is that lucky. Or you might not even find one. So Alex and Kate are destined and eventually they found each other.

The movie offers a platform for imagination where your mind runs wild. It sounds pathetic, but it applies well on someone optimistic. Somehow, as long as you don't give up, there's always some other chances coming along for you to grab. It also sounds ridiculous, but again, just if you want to put it that way or you can just drown in the modern fairy tale for not more than 90 minutes, and wipe your tears, then step back to your life.

In the end, not only they found each other (in a long distance way), but managed to escape from the 'fated' death and be together (mentally and physically). That wasn't what I predicted. I thought one of them will die. Maybe love stories are always better ending that way for the ladies to cry their hearts out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home